Metal PBF (Powder Bed Fusion) is the powder fused melting 3D printing technology that enables free form/product production based on 3D digital CAD data and uses a variety of metal materials to produce high-quality, functional real parts/product parts.
PBF is a technology that forming metal powder horizontally on build plate. A recoater constantly apply the metal powder layer by layer. And selectively scanning each layer surface with high-power industrial laser.
In general, PBF is consist of the industrial laser to control the melting energy, scan ner(Galvanometer) to control the position of laser beam, powder feeder to supply powder material constantly, and recoater to apply powder into a layer of constant stacking height. And Z-axis actuator, an environmental control device to remove fume generated during powder melting and maintain oxygen content in the build chamber, and an electronic controller that controls the additive manufacturing process and equipment.
- Optical system: consists of industrial laser and scanner(Galvanometer) which controls laser beam energy and scanning path to build plate
- Chamber: where all the processes are performed, equipped with a safety door interlock
- Powder feeder: system that supplies a certain amount of metal powder
- Recoater: device which applies metal powder to the build plate
- Build plate: where metal powder is meltedand the part is being fabricated
- Z-axis actuator: device that controls the height by controlling the Z-axis movement of the build plate.
- Fume Filter: removes the fume generated through a circulation fan and valve control.
- Industrial PC/ control panel: consists of industrial computer and electronic control parts and overall control of equipment.
- HMI software: allows users to monitor and control the operation status of equipment
- Chamber window: directly observe the printing process inside the chamber
- Status display: LED display that can identify the operation status of equipment
- Air filter
- Metal Powder recycle bin